Hey beauties! I am so proud and honoured to be nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award. Thank you so much to the amazing Elisabeth at everythingandnothin for nominating me! Her blog is amazing and gives me loads of inspiration – definitely check it out!
Rules for the award:
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Thank the person who nominated you, linking to their blog
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blog
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
- What is your biggest fear?
Honestly, spiders. I literally cannot deal with them. If there was a monster in my house and my only means of escape was the back door, and there was a spider in the way of that, I guess I would be eaten by the monster.
- Name one beauty item you had high hopes for but it let you down.
Tough one. I always find some use out of a seemingly useless product, but the one that springs to mind is the MAC Pro Longwear SPF10 Foundation. I love MAC products but I really didn’t get on with this one; it didn’t blend in well – it felt like it just sat on top of my skin, irritated my face – especially my eyes, making them water and didn’t ever seem to ‘set’ which meant it rub off on everything. I’ve spoken to friends who have really good reviews for this foundation but I just really didn’t get on with it.
- What is your favorite season and why?
May be controversial, but I love Autumn/Winter. I absolutely hate being hot (except for when I’m on holiday). I just find myself getting really agitated and not being able to concentrate. I love the feeling of snuggling up nice and warm, the beautiful coats and scarves that you can buy and the fact that my makeup doesn’t sweat off throughout the day is an added bonus!
- Name one thing you have learned from blogging.
To be myself! When I decided to write a blog I was going to write it very factually and impersonally because I thought it would seem more professional and I wouldn’t have anyone judging my personality or little colloquialisms, but half way through my first post, I decided to change this and be myself. I decided that it would relate to anyone who decided to read my blog better and I wouldn’t enjoy it as much if I wrote it in that impersonal way all the time. It’s always best to be yourself!
- What is your favorite snack?
You realise I’m a sucker for snacks, right? Ha, this is gonna be tough. I love chocolate but for a snack, I definitely prefer savoury stuff… it’s a tie between two. I love pitta bread and houmous (I actually eat this for lunch all the time) and nachos and guacamole! As you can tell, I love a dip!
- Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
Well I would love to say with a million followers and really successful, but honestly, I am so happy right now! I never expected to get here, especially so quickly, so if I maintained what I have now, I would be super happy! I’m just here to write about what I love the most (makeup!) and share my ideas. If that takes me somewhere amazing in 5 years, it would be a massive bonus!
- How many days a week do you wear makeup on average?
On average, I would say 6-7 days per week (yes, every day!). I definitely wear it every week day for work and, of course, if I’m going out at the weekend, I will always wear makeup. If I’m having a day in, 80% of the time, I will generally put something on my face, just because I love actually applying makeup!
- Where’s your favourite place to go on holiday?
- If you were stuck on a desert island, list 5 things you would NEED to have with you.
- What’s your best beauty secret?
- What’s your favourite time of day?
- What is your favourite social media platform and why?
- If you could go back in time to any age, what would it be and why?
- Why did you decide to start a blog?